Real Estate

Since I was a little girl I've had a love for architecture - second only to my photography. I spent months designing my own home on graph paper - about 20 pages of work, when I was 10. As I got older I began to walk slowly past homes in my neighborhood that had their lights on with the hope that I'd catch a glimpse of what lay inside. It had nothing to do with the people in it. I wanted to know the design. I can't even ride in a car without turning myself all the way around just to see what lies behind the window pane.

Now, as an adult who is blessed to be doing the thing she loves most with her life, I would love nothing more than to merge the two.

In the time before, and after, buying our own home, I've looked at many realty websites. What I learned about myself only agrees with the latest research on the subject:

Research shows that potential buyers rate images as the most important item that they look for when reviewing a property on the Internet. They rate images above all other information, including description and features. Recent figures also show that when comparing properties that have pictures taken by a photographer rather than pictures by an estate agent, the property with the high quality images is 1.5 times more likely to be sold in the same set amount of time. The same research also shows potential purchasers are almost 3 times more likely to visit properties that use professional photography as a marketing tool.
I know that I rarely thought twice about a listing that either a) didn't have any photographs at all or b) had images that were low quality or didn't show me the flow and layout of a home. As a photographer I know that it takes having the right equipment and 'eye' to accomplish this.
I would love a chance to prove to you that the research is true. You can contact me to set up your first session by e-mail: kendra@athsndwords.com or by phone: 417.777.2752. I can't wait to hear from you.